How to Navigate Through the Website

Each Number on the "Blog Archive" Section of the blog represents a type of recipe category.


1. CHICKEN RECIPES


2. DESSERTS


3. BREAKFAST IDEAS


4. BREADS


5. SNACKS


6. DINNER IDEAS


7. CONDIMENTS

Cinnamon and Coconut Pancakes

Ingredients:
2 eggs
3 tablespoons coconut milk (I used defrosted Hawaiian Sun coconut milk)
1 tablespoon of Bob’s Red Mill organic coconut flour***** (try to double it)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda***** (try powder first)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 small pinch of salt
ghee (for frying)
Method:
Whisk the eggs together until well combined.

Then, I added the rest of the ingredients (except for the ghee)…

Blend with a whisk until uniform.

Heat a tablespoon of ghee over medium heat in a small cast iron skillet and added a tablespoon of batter to the pan.

As soon as bubbles formed on the surface…flip the flapjack over and let it cook for another minute on the other side.

Repeat until done with batter and enjoy!


*NOTE: credit for the recipe goes to "http://nomnompaleo.com/post/9199871590/cinnamon-and-coconut-pancakes" THANK YOU!



*I made these and they came out "alright". Some of the tweeks I would do to it is the following*
- I didn't have baking soda at the time so I didn't put it in.. MISTAKE!!! the pancake was very flat. You need baking soda to help it rise.
- I used honey instead of maple syrup (I don't like the taste of maple)... not sure if this was a good idea
- The vanilla is a bit over powering. I might back off a bit or not add any next time

According to responses to the original post I might try the following:
Double the recipe (too runny)
Add 1 more TBS coconut flour so not so eggy next time
Use baking POWDER rather than soda if have a fizzy after taste*****